Thursday, February 18, 2010

Secret Rendezvous

Last weekend, I met Chris in Georgetown on his way back from his conference in San Antonio. Since it was Valentine's Day weekend, we thought it was a perfect opportunity for a fun little getaway. So, I dropped the kids at Brian and Jen's and headed to Georgetown. When I got there, I went ahead and checked in to the hotel. Long story short... the hotel clerk was convinced that I was having a secret rendezvous with a married man.

Note to self: don't forget to wear your wedding ring when you're meeting your husband at a hotel for the weekend.

You think forgetting my wedding ring was bad? How about forgetting my suitcase? Yep... forgot that too. I'm really not a dingbat... I actually have a pretty good explanation. Again, long story short... my suitcase ended up in Brian and Jen's house along with the kids' stuff. So, when Chris and I got back to the hotel late Saturday night, I opened the trunk and thought, "Hmm, where's my suitcase?"

Despite all that, we had a really fun weekend. We laughed a lot (mostly at me, as you can imagine) and just enjoyed being together. In Georgetown, We ate out, caught a movie, did some shopping and then went to Inner Space Caverns. I enjoyed the caverns more than I thought I would...



On our way home on Sunday, we stopped and spent the afternoon in Salado. We ate at the Stage Coach Inn (Yum) and checked out the shops around town. It's a cute, quaint little town and totally not Chris' thing... but he was a great sport.
Thanks Brian and Jen for watching the kids so we could enjoy a fun weekend alone. It was a great Valentine's Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to mention that you forgot your laptop in the hotel. Man, you were on a roll last weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails