Friday, February 12, 2010

Really... Afraid of a Snowman?

Is it weird that we have just as much snow here in Fort Worth, TEXAS as my Granny does in MICHIGAN?? After living in Texas for twenty-something years, you'd think I'd be used to the crazy, unpredictable weather. But I guess not... I didn't realize I was gonna need snow suits for the kids this year. Next year, I guess I'll get their hats and mittens from R.E.I instead of the Target dollar bin. You live and learn, right?

I've been single-mommin' it for the past 4 days so I wasn't sure if we'd make it outside again today or not. After all, it is an insane amount of work to get the kids (and myself) all bundled up and ready to go out. I decided it was worth it to see them running and falling in the snow though. Not to mention the fact that I've been couped up with two 19 month olds for the past few days... talk about cabin fever.

So... we bundled up and went out to make a snowman. Okay, now lets be real... my kids are amazingly advanced for their age, but I won't pretend that they actually contributed much to the making of this masterpiece...



It was pretty funny... Reese was curious and willing to help until the minute the 3 balls of snow got a face. Once he was finished, she totally freaked out and refused to stand anywhere near him. Just add this to the list of things she hates... finger paints, diaper changes, carrots, and now snowmen.



Tucker, being his friendly self, just walked right up and started jabbering.

I've said this over and over... he's a typical boy: fearless, laid back, messy, gross (have I mentioned that he's walking around with his hand in his pants all the time now?) Anyway... he loved playing in the snow with his new friend.
The snow has started to melt now and will probably be gone before tomorrow afternoon. It was fun while it lasted. And who knows... crazy Texas weather might hit again before Winter is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails