Thursday, March 8, 2012

Santa Fe Getaway

Santa (ie, Chris' parents) gave us a huge treat for Christmas this year... an opportunity to get a way without the children.  We both love to ski and since we hadn't been in a couple years, we flew off to Santa Fe for a long weekend of skiing.  The kids stayed behind with Grammy and Grandpa and probably had just as much fun as we did. 

Like most of our adventures, this trip wasn't a boring one.  Halfway through the first morning I got a little too cocky and ended up breaking a rib.  Yes, I hit a tree.  People joke about that when you talk about skiing, but it's actually a really hard thing to do.  The "runs" are pretty much clear of trees... this is where the "little too cocky" comes in.  Note to self... don't get off the beaten path!   This was my first broken bone experience and it was TERRIBLE!  I skied the rest of the weekend though... b/c let's face it, who knows when we'll be able to drop 3 kids and hit the slopes again. 

The next morning, I was h.u.r.t.i.n.g.  Chris brought some hydrocodone with him so I took 2 of those... 2nd mistake of the weekend.  We stopped for breakfast and literally as the "I don't know how people get addicted to these, they don't do anything" words come out of my mouth, it hit me.  I'm pretty sure it's not safe to ski while you're doped up on pain meds. But I did.  My mama didn't raise no baby so I just threw up off the side of the lift and kept skiing.  I do have to note that Chris and I weren't alone on the lift when my breakfast made a reappearance.  Not embarrassing at all.

That's what you call a fun weekend!  Believe it or not, it was a blast.  We skied all day, ate at the resort at night and just enjoyed being together.  Of course, I didn't get hardly any pictures... it's always to cold and awkward trying to get pictures on the slopes.





We've skied lots of different mountains and after 2 trips to Santa Fe, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.  Next time I'll just be sure to steer clear of the trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails