Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Good Samaritan

I'm sure all husbands get a little crazy when their wives say "It's time... let's go to the hospital" but I'm pretty sure no other husband has done what mine did at midnight last Tuesday. 

Chris wheeled me into triage with my bag in tote and made sure I was settled in before going back out to park the car.  He was gone for a long time and I remember everything going so quickly with the twins so I was starting to worry.  Finally he showed back up about 30 minutes later... without the camera bag containing about $2000 worth of cameras and the diaper bag.  I didn't notice at first until the nurse was telling him what his role was in the whole thing... the photographer.  I asked where the bag was and he said he left it in the car and would go back out to get it.  He was acting really weird and just dismissed me when I asked him to hurry and get it.

Finally, when the nurse left the room, he told me everything.  It's never good when you're in labor and your husband starts a sentence with "Don't freak out".  Really??? What happened? 

My Good Samaritan husband took time out to help jump some one's car while I was in labor.  He was thinking "It's midnight, this guy could be stranded in the garage all night, and it will only take a few minutes."  Well... it probably would have if he hadn't locked his keys in the car with it running!!  So, he came back in to tell me that the car was running in the parking garage with the cameras inside.  Really??  I could just see it now... I'm forced to have the baby all alone (with no pictures) while my husband tries to break into his car in the garage. Or worse... someone breaks into the car and steals it while he's telling me the whole story.  It's funny now... but totally not funny at the time. 

Luckily, things took much longer than with the twins and my parents were on their way to the hospital so they could bring a key.  Crazy husband almost (sort of) missed Rylan's birth.  This picture probably explains why he was so crazy that night...

We still can't believe we have 3 kids! 

Daddy and Rylan had some good snuggle time while in the hospital too! 





Chris is one proud Papa! And such a great dad!  He took Reese and Tucker to the lake today so I could get some rest and spend some time with Rylan.  LOVE HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails