Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Baby Story

Well, it's official.  I did a TERRIBLE job of documenting my second pregnancy.  I managed to get through 9 months with very few photos of myself and even deleted my pregnancy journal off my laptop by accident.  I can just hear Rylan now... the second child with no photos, no memories, etc. etc. etc.  I'm already driving Chris crazy taking pictures because I refuse to have 5 scrapbooks of the twins and none of her.   

Here's her baby story (the short version) along with some more hospital pics of our newest little miracle. 

I found out I was pregnant back in October... yes, I was pregnant pretty much all school year... which made it feel like the longest pregnancy ever!  I was pretty sick during the first trimester (just like with the twins)... sick in the morning, sick at night, sick while riding in the car, sick all the stinkin' time. 

Things got better during the second trimester but then the contractions started.  At about 24 week, I began to show signs of early labor so my doctor put me to bed for a week, ran some tests to be extra careful and then gave me some restrictions... no vacuuming, no lifting, no long car rides, etc.  Overall, I didn't complain... nobody wants to clean house or go grocery shopping when they're pregnant!

The third trimester actually brought a burst of energy (a short one) and lots of heartburn.  Boo.  Then I had a freak incident and landed in the hospital with crazy abdominal pain that ended up being totally unrelated to the baby... thank goodness.  The doctor did put me back on Procardia to stop the contractions at about 30 weeks so the little one wouldn't come too early. 

For months I was afraid the baby would come early or I'd have to go on bed rest, but when the doctor took me off the Procardia, nothing happened.  Three weeks went by and I was then convinced that the baby wasn't going to come one minute before the scheduled c-section. 

On Tuesday, June 28 at about 10:30 pm my water broke.  It's kind of funny because I had a big bowl of ice cream early that night... which is exactly what I had before my water broke with the twins.   My sister came to stay with Reese and Tucker and off we went to the hospital.  Funny story about the hospital... but I'll share that later.  Everything seemed to take forever this time around and Rylan was finally born at 3:09 am.  At 7lbs 7oz, she seemed like a giant to us compared to the twins.

This girl was made to nurse... she knew exactly what to do and went to it.  She also has a little built in alarm clock... instantly, she started on a 3 hour schedule!  Praise the Lord!!  I sooo needed her to be an easy baby... especially since Reese is giving us a run for our money.  More on that later too.  Mommy is pretty distressed about this girl. 

Anyway... not sure I want to ever be pregnant again, but all the sickness, worry, etc was totally worth it.  Maybe I'll only be able to remember the good stuff by the time we're considering doing this again.  Yes, I know we're crazy... but we will consider doing this again. 

Rylan had lots of visitors while in the hospital. Of course I'm sad now that we didn't get pictures with everyone.  Grandma and Grandpa were great sports and spent most of the night at the hospital waiting so they could meet her.



Grammy and Grandpa wasted no time driving up from Houston.  They were planning on being here for the scheduled c-section but Rylan surprised us a few days early. 



Caden and Emma have been anxiously waiting to find out whether it was a boy or a girl.  Emma was at camp so Dana surprised her when she got back and brought her to the hospital.  She and Reese were so excited to find out that the baby was a girl! 



I soaked up every minute of Rylan time while in the hospital... knowing what a challenge it would be when I got home to be torn between 3 kids.  We did some great snuggling.





Stay tuned for some great Dad and Rylan pics as well as some of Reese and Tucker showing their brotherly and sisterly love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails