Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Biker Santa

I never thought I'd have biker parents, but I do.  I never thought my mom would wear leather chaps and a dew rag, but she does.  As crazy as I think it is sometimes, it is really great that they have something that they love to do together.  I hope Chris and I still have things in common after 35 years. 

Anyway, I also never thought we'd go see Santa Clause at a Harley Shop, but we did.  Grandma was wrapping presents there and invited us up, so we went to see Santa with Caden and Emma. Tucker was more excited about the motorcycles than Santa and Reese was more excited about the popcorn, but we managed to get them both on his lap without any tears.

Caden and Emma went first to show Reese and Tucker how to be brave.  Caden was a great sport... even though he's a little too cool for Santa these days. 



Tucker jumped right up on his lap of course... the boy doesn't know a stranger.  He was still more interested in all the bikes than telling him what he wanted for Christmas though. 

Reese took a little more coaxing.  She wanted to be in the picture, but stood as far away as she could.  She got a little closer when I held her and then finally said she wanted to sit on his lap.  She surprises me every day!


They were excited when Santa gave them each a candy cane and now tell us they want candy for Christmas every time we ask.  I guess we should enjoy that while we can.  In a couple years they'll be asking for Ipods and dirt bikes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails