Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Throw it to Me... Throw it to Me

Last week we took the kids to the Homecoming Parade.  It was there first parade experience and I wasn't sure it was going to be a good one when the fire trucks turned the corner with sirens blaring and both kids took off in the other direction.  Luckily it only took us pointing out the horses coming down the road behind them to get them to come back and watch the parade. 

They enjoyed the band and floats I guess... it was a little hard to tell because they were so consumed with picking up the candy being thrown at them.  And because they're so stinkin' cute, they had a lot of candy thrown at them.







They didn't even complain that I only let them have 1 sucker.  The rest of the candy went in the candy jar in the teacher workroom at school.  They didn't care... the fun was in collecting it and putting it in their bags. I better enjoy that while I can.  There won't be many more years where I can steal their candy without them really noticing. 

Halloween should be fun this year. Wait till you see their costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails