Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunshine and Twisty Slides

Fall is here and it makes me sneeze happy.  Could it have been a more perfect weekend?  75 and sunny... absolutely beautiful. It was one of those "open the windows, decorate for fall, eat out on the porch" kind of weekends.  Shame on you if you stayed inside. 

We decided to make a trip to the zoo yesterday... well, until we got over there and realized that all of Fort Worth was there.  Visions of our Children's Museum Spring Break trip came rushing back as we approached the zoo and saw the traffic backed up on to University.  It took all of two seconds for me to call an audible.  Plan B... picnic at the park.  And since everyone else in Fort Worth was at the Zoo, we had the park all to ourselves.








I went through 2 boxes of Kleenex while we were out there, but it was worth it just to relax and play with the kids.  There's something about twisty slides that makes me feel like I'm 12 again. I hope I never get too old and busy to play with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails