Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Beware...

The gross factor on this post is pretty high... so get ready.

I'll start by saying that boys are gross. I think they're just programmed that way. It's not something they're taught or they fall into because of peer pressure. They are just G-R-O-S-S. (No offense to all the great boys in my life. I love you and it's nothing personal.) Anyway, I was first reminded how gross boys are when I had to search some lockers in our Varsity Football Locker Room recently. I won't get into how totally disgusting it was, but I felt like I needed a shower when I was finished.

Anyway, I was reminded of their grossness again today... and this time by Tucker. I'll start by saying he either 1.) has a little stomach bug, or 2.) the lasagna we had for dinner last night isn't agreeing with him. Are you ready for this horror story...

During nap time today Tucker decided to take off his pants. This is something he's started doing in the middle of the night too. Some mornings he has one leg in and one leg out, and some mornings he's naked as a jay bird. I guess we need to go back to footed pajamas, but I digress.

So... first, he took off his pants. And then, he took off his diaper. Unfortunately, the diaper was full of last night's lasagna and he thought it would be great fun to use it as finger paint. He painted the sheets, the crib, himself... anything within reach. He had it in his hair, under his fingernails, on his shirt... all over. Can you imagine walking into this nightmare?! Neither can I. And I can honestly say that I am SO glad I didn't have to. Of course, I was totally mortified when the babysitter told us what happened. But I do have to admit, I'm SO glad it happened at her house rather than mine.

See, I told you boys are gross. Poor Nana Cheryl... I think I'll take her some duct tape and rubber gloves tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails