Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O Christmas Tree

I'm one of those crazy Christmas fanatics who has way too many decorations and must put them all up every year. Chris says that 10 Rubbermaid's of decorations is way too many and is not at all excited about putting up Christmas lights. I think that's why he put all the Christmas stuff in storage when we put the house up for sale. I'm convinced that they were strategically placed at the very back and bottom of the heaping pile of boxes in All Storage. So sad.

Between that and having two small kids who are into everything, I decided to chill this Christmas. I opted for a skinny tree that could be tucked away in the corner of the room over my usual ginormous tree in the hopes that Reese and Tucker wouldn't notice it. And I decided not to spend 3 hours in the storage unit trying to pull everything else out. I'll just have to play lots of Christmas music and bake like crazy to get into the spirit this year.

I didn't know what to do with myself on Saturday when it only took 30 minutes to get the tree up. Reese and Tucker enjoyed helping. Tucker thought the bulbs were balls though and hurled them across the living room. Luckily no one was injured. Reese is quite the little helper and threw a major fit when we were done. She's like her Mom... more Christmas decorations please!


Reese concentrating so hard to get it just right.

Tucker on the other hand... just throwing it on there and watching it fall out the bottom of the tree.




It's been up for a few days now and they haven't knocked it over yet. I'm feeling optimistic. Christmas is going to be fun this year... I can already tell.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! That's one fine lookin' tree... :) Although I'm not sure it looked that good when we had it. :) I hope I did yours justice at our house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails