Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Elf on the Shelf

I love tradition. I think that's why I fell in love with A&M the first time I went to visit. I am so excited about starting some Tims Family Christmas traditions. This year we're going to introduce a few... one being The Elf on the Shelf. I'm pretty sure that Reese and Tucker won't understand it this year... but that's okay. We'll just say it's for me.

Here's the way it works...

The day after Thanksgiving a mysterious Elf arrives on a shelf in your house. He's straight from the North Pole and here to keep an eye on the kids and report back to Santa each night. The elf leaves after the kids go to bed and returns the next morning, often hiding in a new spot. The kids can't touch the elf but they can talk to him/her and share what they want for Christmas, etc. On Christmas Eve, the elf leaves to go back to the North Pole until next Christmas.


I love it... so fun. The box set comes with a little elf and a book that tells the story of who the elf is and why he/she has come to your house. We read the book to Reese and Tucker and introduced them to the elf who they're supposed to name. I'm calling the elf Paco until next year when the kids are old enough to decide.


This will be the first of many fun Tims Christmas traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails