Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Pandemonium

I've been looking forward to fall for months now. Fall brings all the things I love... changing leaves, cooler weather, high school volleyball, candy corn, Halloween, and PUMPKINS!

I couldn't wait to take the family to a pumpkin patch. I'd planned it all out in my mind... the kids would run from pumpkin to pumpkin while dad and I watched and snapped pics to be showcased in their scrapbooks for years to come. Everyone would be happy and cooperative. Their first pumpkin patch experience would be perfect. Good one. Here's how it really played out... not even close to what I planned in my mind.

They weren't happy. They weren't cooperative. It was 4:00 and they hadn't had naps all day(long story). The lighting was terrible. The list goes on and on. As you can see, Chris and I were determined to have some family fun... but we were the only ones.
Despite the meltdowns and the huge knot Tucker got on his forehead an hour before picture time, we were able to get a few that are scrap worthy.

I don't look like I'm having fun, but I still give this place a thumbs up!







More than half way through the "shoot" I realized the camera was on some weird setting... that's why we look like smurfs in some of these. Not to worry though, it's nothing a little photo shop can't fix.

Our first visit to the pumpkin patch definitely falls into the forced family fun category, but of course, I'd do it all again.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Girl, that's totally were FFF came a family motto...pumpkin patch pictures! It's like they know we want them to be picture perfect and make a pact to make it terrible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails