Friday, October 23, 2009

Bite... Please

I'm sad to admit that I used to make fun of those parents who teach their kids sign language (sorry if you're one of them), because I always thought they looked crazy hitting themselves when they wanted something. But now I know exactly why they do it. SANITY. I don't think I'm ready to bust out the sign language book yet, but if I hear "Eh, Eh, Eh" one more time, I may need a padded room.

We're totally in that "I want it now, but don't know how to tell you" phase. Hate this phase... can't wait until they are talking in full sentences and I have to ask them to "catch a bubble" so I can have a minute to think. I know... be careful what you wish for, right?

Anyway, we're working really hard to teach the kids that grunting and pointing doesn't get them what they want... that they need to say "up" "down" "bite" "drink" "please" etc. Tucker isn't as anxious to talk as Reese, but he does particularly well if there's food involved.



Did you catch that? Bite... Please. Not to be confused with Bye... Cheese.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to watch it again and again. I love that little man!! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails