Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend with the Ladies

My baby sister is all grown up... she teaches 4th grade now and is about to get married. It's totally crazy because in my mind she's still 14 with braces. Time flies. This weekend, the Doyle women took off for a weekend of fun, relaxation (not really), and bridal portraits. We ate out, bonded, and got Amber all primped and looking beautiful for her pics. Talk about gorgeous... can't wait to see how they turned out.

Saturday night we ate at Toby Keith's. Good food, good music... boots and jeans not required.


After Amber got her hair and make up done on Sunday, we stopped for some grub. We had to get fueled up for the photo shoot.


Emma is a riot. She came with us and provided lots of entertainment... that girl is so funny! I can't wait until Reese is old enough to join us. The two of them together... watch out.


After lunch, we went downtown for Amber's portraits. The photographer was awesome and picked some really great locations. Sorry... you don't get to see pictures of that... gotta wait until the big day to see the bride in her dress.
So... after she was done, we went into this fancy hotel to get her changed. While we were in the bathroom, the Phoenix Suns checked in to the hotel. Why couldn't we have gotten there just a few minutes later? We totally would have made them take a picture with Amber... little wedding present if you will. As we were leaving, Dana noticed Steve Nash (used to play for the Mavs) chillin in the lobby. I ran back in and asked him to pose for a picture. I didn't even care that he was obviously talking to someone on his cell phone. I totally turned into that obnoxious fan who acts all crazy around the rich and famous. I'm sure I was seconds from being asked to leave the hotel. After all... we weren't even staying there. He was a great sport though... he put his call on hold and let me snap a few. I'm annoyed that I didn't get a good picture... I was all nervous and couldn't remember how to work my camera. Which makes absolutely no sense, because it's not like I keep up with the NBA. I was excited to bring a present home to my sweet husband though... thanks Chris for watching the kids this weekend. You're such a great dad! Sorry I didn't have a basketball on me for him to sign.

Thanks Steve... Go Suns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails