Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin-Carving Fun

I'm pretty sure I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was a kid. But after paying like 12 bucks for one at the pumpkin patch, I decided we were definitely carving this bad boy. When I told Chris we were carving a pumpkin on Thursday night, he was actually pretty excited about it. He loves projects... watch out 5th grade teachers, Reese and Tucker are going to have the best Science Fair projects! Anyway, he got to planning and decided to make this detailed, crazy pumpkin that said "Tims Twins 1st Halloween. We got everything ready and went to town...


Reese and Tucker just watched in amazement at first.


Reese wasn't at all interested in getting messy... she wanted nothing do with the guts.

But once Dad got it all cleaned out, she was way into "pretending" to help.


Yep, she's got it all over her face... caught her tryin' a little. Mmm tasty.

Tucker loved it all too... in fact, they both threw major fits when I made them get down to go take a bath. Such a mean mom.





That was pretty much it. They played in the pumpkin, pretending to scoop the guts out while we snapped pictures.
I'm not sure Chris understood what I meant when I said, "We're going to carve a pumpkin tonight." What I really meant was, "We're going to play and take pictures, and then leave you to finish the pumpkin." His excitement and enthusiasm turned into "Why am I in here doing this by myself again?" He modified his original plan a little...

I still think it turned out pretty cute though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails