Friday, July 24, 2009

Love the Summer... HATE the heat!

Is anyone else tired of this smoldering Texas heat? I don't think I remember it being this hot last summer. Oh wait, maybe because I was laying on the couch WAY pregnant with twins. I'm pretty sure I didn't see the sun at all last summer; which was evident by my ghostly white body. I digress.

Anyway, I really do love summer... the vacations, the food, the not working, etc. I love eating corn on the cob, ice cream cones, juicy hot dogs and of course, the famous Doyle snow cone. I love playing in the pool, going to the lake, and going to the waterpark like a crazy teenager. Because I HATE the heat, I pretty much refuse to do anything outside in the summer that doesn't involve me getting wet (and sweating doesn't count.)

After being at the lake all afternoon and the pool all evening, I needed to cool off. Here are some fun pictures of us playing in the snow this past year...



We spent the babies' first Christmas at Granny's house... and it was definitely a white one.


Chris and Tuck playing in the snow




Making snow angels with Emma





Dana and the kids after sledding




Caden completely burried in the snow




All bunddled up and heading out





Nick and Amber ice skating. Did you see the Rock?! Baby sister is getting married in December!





We didn't get to ski at Christmas time, so Chris surprised me with a ski trip in February... more fun in the snow!





I know winter is months away... but a girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails