Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back-to-School Blues

Well... my days of swimming pools, afternoon naps, and late night movies are officially over. And I've decided that 5 weeks of summer is not nearly enough. I hear all of you "non-educators" telling me to shut up, but I'm ignoring you. I'm totally suffering from the back-to-school blues. Instead of playing in the pool with the babies today, I spent the afternoon mulling over the implications of the new graduation requirements that were just passed by legislation (a month before school starts, I might add). You know you want to hear all about it.

I know I should be grateful for the weeks I've had with Reese and Tucker, but right now I'm committed to pouting about how it just wasn't long enough. I do keep reminding myself that they get to hang out with Aunt Amber until she starts teaching in August. And that's pretty cool.
Does it make me a bad mom to admit that there were actually a few enjoyable things about today? Like not having to cut anything up into tiny little pieces at lunch, and going a full 7 hours without changing a single dirty diaper. Hey, these things are huge. Although I enjoyed being off "mom" duty for a few hours, I still missed Reese and Tucker like crazy. It didn't matter how much chocolate I indulged myself in, the back-to-school-blues just wouldn't go away. Then I came home to these guys...



All better!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails