Saturday, April 9, 2011

First Catch - Sort Of

Laundry needed to be folded and toilets needed to be cleaned but I didn't think twice when Chris suggested a picnic and an evening of fishing.  And I don't even like to fish.  Today was about family. About together.  About putting aside the things that don't really matter and putting first things first. 

I ditched housework this morning to take the kids to watch cousin Caden's baseball game, and then again tonight to spend some QT with the people I love most.  And now, it feels good to just relax and talk about it... regardless of the stinky toilets and piles of laundry waiting for me.  They'll be there tomorrow. 

The kids were super excited when we packed up and headed to the pond around the corner.  Reese immediately announced that she was going to catch a pink fish and I didn't have the heart to crush her dream.  After our picnic, Chris showed them the ropes while I relaxed in my camping chair and captured it all on camera.  He's a great dad! 








Who'd have thought that a plastic, Cars fishing pole could catch such an impressive fish...

Reese and Tucker were both excited about their "first catch".  Let's be honest... we all know that dad caught this fish.  This kids were right there "helping" though... and anxious to touch the slimy sucker. 


I don't think Tucker would have been any more excited had he caught the tiny crappie all by himself!

What a perfect night... cool breeze, beautiful sunset, and just the four of us doing what matters most... being together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails