Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Hobby is Taking Over My Life

I've been a scrapbooker for years and have always loved being crafty (the good kind of crafty), but recently have taken on a new hobby.  My sweet husband bought me a sewing machine and an embroidery machine last year and I'm having so much fun playing... especially with Amber's baby arriving in a just few weeks.  We had a shower for her last weekend so I really had an excuse to sew up a storm...

Burp towels are sort of my staple... sew on some fabric and embroider the name and Viola! You've got a super cute, custom gift that only costs a buck-fifty to make.  Seriously. 

These pacifier holders are my new favorite thing.  You don't have to sew anything and they literally take no more than 5 minutes to make.  I bought a couple clips and made them to where you could just change out the ribbon.  Love things you can switch out... I'm OCD and like for everything to match the baby's outfit.  I know, I need help. 

Hooded towels are super easy too and absorb way better than the ones they sell for babies in the store.  I made this one to match Easton's nursery so she could hang it on a hook if she wanted. 

These bibs were a first for me.  I saw some on Etsy and thought they looked easy.  I was wrong... they took a while (which is why there are only two) but I love how they turned out.  I put Chenille fabric on the bottom side and just a cotton on top.  They are thick and absorbent and snap on with a cute little pearl snap.  Also very cheap to make... but definitely gave this beginner a run for her money.

The onesies doubled as a shower decoration.  I especially love the one with the tie... little man will be so cute in it.  I used Wonder Under to iron the appliques on and then used a zig-zag stitch to stitch around the outside... cute and easy.   

I was really in the crafting mood so I made a couple other things for the shower... the E was just a couple bucks at Joann's and I just painted it, mod-podged cute scrapbook paper on it and then embellished. She'll be able to use it in the nursery if she wants.


Jennifer (my sis-in-law) designed these candy bar wrappers for me for a previous shower, so all I had to do was change the colors and info and re-print.  They were a hit.      


Amber had a fun shower... had such a great turn out.  Nick's mom made the cute cake... it tasted AMAZING and Easton got all kinds of goodies!  Look how cute Mama is...


It was fun to host the shower with Dana and Mom... still doesn't seem like Amber should be old enough to have a baby yet.  The fact that I'm pregnant at the same time as my sister who's 9 years younger than me, make me feel REALLY old. 

Baby Easton will be here in a few weeks.  I can't wait to meet the little guy! 

1 comment:

  1. Ok you are totally making me feel like a slacker. You've accomplished more in the past month than I have in a year and you're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails