Monday, July 12, 2010

Rainy Days = Crazy Kids

We've had an insane number of rainy days this summer so I've had to whip out my creative mom skills to come up with indoor activities for the kids.  We exhausted pretty much everything I had up my sleeve by the end of the 2nd day of rain.... painting, play dough, coloring, etc, etc, etc.  I'm addicted to crafting so I hit the blogs looking for some fun things to do and/or make with the kids.  I came across some fun mom blogs written by stay-at-homers that made me feel pretty inadequate.  There are some supermoms out there. Anyway, I came across this cute little fishing set idea and used my sewing scraps to whip one up for the kids...


I love the chubby little hand trying to snatch a fish in this picture.  I attached washers to the fish and put a magnet inside the worms.  Worked like a charm... they fished for over an hour off the back of the love seat. 




They are still loving it and haven't started using the poles as swords yet, so I'd say this one was a hit. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT. You are so creative!! Super mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a person feel bad about themselves that is all thier is to it. lol! You are awesome and we HAVE to get the kids together. This is the best summer ever, we have been having such a great time. I know y'all are too. We have a zoo membership also and we go EVERY Monday. They can't get any cuter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails