Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stupid Sony Camera

Chris took his high school band to Hurricane Harbor today, so the kids and I decided to tag along.  It was their first water park experience, and overall a success.  We spent the day in Pirate's Cove where they could run and splash and play on a few small slides.  Tucker absolutely loved it... we knew he would. He's a fish.  Reese was content to run and play on the water's edge most of the day.  She would barely put her big toe in the water.  In her defense, it was C-O-L-D.  I guess she's going to be a "lay by the pool" kind of gal like her mom.  It pretty much has to feel like bath water for me to venture in. 

We had a few minor injuries which is not at all surprising.  Tucker has spent the last few weeks with some kind of scab on his face.  Just when it starts to heal and go away, he gets another one.  Today, the giant bucket of water that dumps thousands of gallons of water every 15 minutes almost drowned us all.  The bell that normally sounds to warn you that it's about to dump wasn't working so we had no warning at all.  It knocked both the kids over and Tucker came up bleeding... from his face again.  He now has a huge scrape across his chin to go with the one on his cheek. I'm gonna have to get this kid a helmet. 

I took at least 100 pictures of the kids today and when I got home, realized that my camera is done for it.  It's been acting funny since I dropped it and broke the screen.  Instead of adorable images of the kids playing in the water, I have 100 or so blank squares.  I didn't get a single shot.  So sad.  We're going back in a couple weeks though, so I guess I'll try again.  

Until then, I leave you with this...  

















A totally unrelated, random picture of Tucker. I just love this boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails