Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Bug Collector

I never thought my daughter would like bugs.  She's afraid of the 4-wheeler, bubbles in the bath tub, and usually the vacuum cleaner, so I just assumed she'd be the kid afraid of flies and grass hoppers.  Surprisingly, she's quite the opposite. 

Tonight she came running in the house saying, "Spahder, Spahder". I naturally assumed there was a spider on the back porch that she wanted to show me... and I was praying it wasn't a brown recluse or something.  But as I walked toward her, I noticed something in her hand.  Instantly my mind went back to the time she brought me a giant dead cockroach (and no, she didn't find it in my house... we were actually in a funeral home. Long Story). Anyway, it ended up being a huge dead bumble bee... probably the biggest bumble bee I've ever seen.  Why is she obsessed with dead bugs? Does this look like the face of a disgusting kid who picks up dead things? 

I guess I should just be glad she's not eating them. Gross. 

1 comment:

  1. And glad it didn't sting her!! Then she really would be afraid of them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails