Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shiner

It's usually not good when Nana Cheryl calls me at work, so I was nervous right away when she called at lunch time on Friday.  Sure enough, she was calling to report an accident.  Tucker fell, hit the coffee table, and busted his eye open.  She put a steri-strip on it and didn't think he needed stitches but wanted me to come look just in case.  I usually err on the side of "he's okay... no big deal" because he so tough but since he had a 1/2 inch gash on his eyelid, I was a little hesitant to tell him to just rub some dirt on it.  I totally didn't want to sit in the ER for 3 hours just to have them put Neosporin on it and send us on our way either though. 

Luckily, we have a great athletic trainer at my school who was more than willing to take a look at it for me.  We headed out to the field house where he was worked up just like one of our state champion football players.  Coach has seen his share of cuts, breaks, tears, etc. so I was confident he'd know what we'd need to do.  Thank goodness he said a trip to the ER wasn't necessary.  He cleaned it up and put some derma-bond on it... what he said they would if we went to the hospital. 

Yesterday morning, the cut was almost completely closed up... but he did have a pretty nice little shiner.  Poor Tuck...

2 comments:

  1. wow this is a good one...looks almost like just like Nolan's two weeks ago! I see a boo boo scrap page in our future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you putting eyeshadow on your kid for? Poor Tuck! I hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails