Saturday, September 5, 2009

Firrrrrst Down Bearcats!

During the fall semester, my Friday nights are spent at football games. Surprisingly, I don't really mind it. I've decided that working at a High School is keeping me young. Friday night lights totally remind me of my high school days. Plus, the Bearcats almost always win... so that makes it more enjoyable. Besides the occasional interruption to deal with teenagers causing a ruckus, I pretty much just get to sit and watch the game. Can't complain too much... it pays the bills.
This year, my parents have offered to keep the kids overnight on Fridays so Chris can come with me. How sad is it that our weekly date night is to a high school football game? Whatever, it's fun to be together, and Grandma & Grandpa are starting a little Friday night tradition with Reese and Tucker.
I did want to take them to at least one Bearcat football game this season though, so they went with us last night to watch the Bearcats stomp Grapevine. I had NO idea how it was going to go... sitting in the stands for 3 hours with 2 toddlers. Yikes. It actually went much better than I thought it would. They did eat for 3 hours straight... but hey, whatever works. Right?! Andrea and Justin brought the boys too and Campbell sat there so nicely in his daddy's lap, while my kids ran around in the stands throwing Cheerios everywhere. So unfair!

We left after half-time but still didn't get home until almost 11. Why you ask? Reese has turned into little Ms. Independent and refuses to be held. She insisted on walking the entire 2 miles to the car. She was so happy and proud and her little legs were working so hard... but it still took 45 minutes to get to the parking lot. I think everything is going to take us a lot longer now that they are both walking and want to do it on their own. Here are a few pics from our fun night at Bearcat Stadium...



1 comment:

  1. Campbell may have been cooperative but let's not forget Nolan screaming the second we got there when he saw how high we were and how he was WAY into thos cheerleaders. Campbell fell asleep just walking to the car!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails