Friday, August 26, 2011

Nappin' in Style

The kids are going to pre-k this year and they're super excited.  I'm excited for them too but am going to miss not having to get them dressed in the morning or worrying about lunches.  We've been so spoiled by Nana these last 3 years. 

You won't believe the list of school supplies I had to get... ridiculous.  I love school supplies... used to play school as a child and still love the smell of crayons.  But school supply shopping was SO NOT fun!   I'm thinking that if you can't find your kids' school supplies at Walmart, you're not going to find them. 
Since their school is all day, we had to get a nap mat.  Maybe I'm a snob, but I didn't want my kids having to sleep on the vinyl nap mats - I could just see them waking up with their face stuck to the mat. I found an easy tutorial online to make a super-cute, roll-up mat with a pillow and blanket attached.  Grammy was so great to help me make one for each of the kids this summer...

You can't see them in this picture, but they have a strap so you can throw them over your shoulder like a purse. 




We closed one side with velcro so I can slip the pillow and foam mat out when I wash them.  LOVE how these turned out!  And the kids love them too. Thanks for all your help Grammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails