Tuesday, March 16, 2010

REALLY Bad Idea??

Spring Break finally arrived and I was really excited about getting out and doing some fun things as a family. Grammy and Grandpa came in town and I thought it would be fun for all of us to go to the new Children's Museum. When we pulled up on Tuesday and the line was wrapped around the building, I'm sure they were thinking, "This was a REALLY bad idea!"

If you are thinking of going to the museum, here are some tips I WISH someone would have given me:

1. Do NOT go on a rainy day... everyone else has the same idea as you.
2. Do NOT listen to your husband when he says we don't need the umbrella strollers.
3. Do NOT go in the middle of the day.
4. DO buy your tickets ahead of time so you don't have to wait in line.
5. DO take tons of hand sanitizer... I wanted to bathe my kids in it after they played in everything.
6. DO NOT GO ON SPRING BREAK IF YOU CAN HELP IT!!

Despite the crazy lines, the kids had fun and we'll definitely go back. I'll just be smarter about it next time. See... even grown ups can learn something at the Children's Museum.


Grammy and Tucker checking out the cool bubbles.


Tucker loved driving the ambulance. The poor kid standing next to him had to wait forever for a turn.

Tucker wasn't sure what to think of the giant turtle.

There were tons of things to look at. I just wondered what was going on in those little minds of theirs.
Reese was pretty amazed at all the spinning tops... "How do these things work?"


They were both little monkeys... trying to climb and balance on everything. Tucker might be a pretty good snowboarder some day.
I think I can, I think I can...
The grocery store was the cutest thing ever...

They loved pushing and filling their carts.
Daddy helped Reese check out... of course he footed the bill.
Tucker had to weigh his produce, just to make sure he wasn't spending too much.
The Dino Dig was closed, but we did get to check out a few dinosaurs...

The kids tried to piece together a dino puzzle.

And Tucker checked out a dinosaur footprint first hand.
There were several rooms and an outdoor water play area that we didn't get to. So... we'll head back this summer when its NOT SO CROWDED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails