Sunday, September 9, 2012

Beach Bums

The Doyle Women took all the kids to Gulfport Mississippi this summer.  Amber and Nick were staying in a condo on the beach all summer since Nick had to be there for training.  Dana, Mom, me and all the kids loaded up the Burb and took off to the beach for a week.  The kids all did way better than I expected... 12 hours in the car was not at all appealing... but between the movies, kindles, colors, and naps, it all worked out okay. 

We got too much sun and had way too much fun...





We packed a lunch and spent most of each day on the beach... swimming, digging, soaking up the sun.  The kids had a blast!


 Emma was such a huge help with the kids.  I've decided that I want to take her and grandma on all my vacations.  Since the guys didn't come with us, I needed all the help I could get with 3 kids at the beach.

 Caden learned how to boogie board and skim board on the trip. Tucker was tagging along everywhere he went.  He wants to be just like cousin Caden. 

 I wasn't sure how Rylan would do... whether or not she would play and have fun or just fuss, eat the sand and ruin my relaxation time on the beach.  She was a rock star!  She hung with the big kids, and just played and splashed. 

 It amazes me... sometimes Reese is so uncooperative and other times, she's like "okay, I'll hold the fish."  What??  Couldn't get her to take a picture with us, but she jumped right in to hold a squirmy little fish.
 
We walked out on the pier one afternoon to learn from the fishermen (and woman... at least we think she was a woman).  They were so nice to talk to the kids and let them hold the fish they caught.

 Finally... after 3 days, we managed to complete one sand castle. 

Grandma with all her Grand babies! They adore her!  What a great summer trip with all the cousins... hope we can it an annual thing!



2 comments:

  1. Ami grew up in Gulfport. We were married in a church on the beach in Biloxi. If you ever want to go again, let us know. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Ami says take the boat out to Ship Island next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. emmy can I show you how good it feels to take it in the arse?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails