Wednesday, September 15, 2010

City Slickers

Chris and I spent the weekend at a ranch in Clarendon, TX.  It's probably not one of the top vacation spots in TX, but we loved it.  We started planning a long weekend several weeks ago and somehow ended up booking a trip to a Dude Ranch... complete with cowboys, horses, a chuck wagon and about 30 guys dressed like the old west packin' six shooters.  It was a blast.  I probably won't be able to sit down for a week, but it was worth it.  We spent a good 10-12 hours on horses this weekend and loved every minute of it. 
Here's me and Chris on Macaroni and Ralph.  All the horses were great... well trained and beautiful.  I was excited that we actually got to "ride".  None of this walkin' along a trail stuff.  We got to take off for a while on Saturday and ride on our own.  For a minute, we pretended they were ours. Someday.
                                     
I love it that I found a man that wants the same things I want... land, horses, life in the country.  We had so much fun together this weekend... playing and dreaming about what we're going to do with our land.

This is the chuck wagon they use when they go on the cattle drives.  You know Chris wants to go back next summer and do that.  5 days sleeping under the stars.  I'm thinking I'll skip that one.  I actually like to bathe.

We saw lots of animals while we were there... cows, deer, longhorns...

Horses (obviously)...

And even some buffalo...
Did you know that buffalo will breed with cows and the offspring are called Beefaloes?  Seriously, I'm not making this stuff up. 

Overall it was a great weekend!  I'm starting to really love it that Chris is morphing into a cowboy...
How can you not love a man in boots?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails